Monday, July 24, 2006

Turmoil Sells (Inner)

I'm in the low-lying trough of the day now, and I... know I should've gone to the gym yesterday. Instead, I got sucked into a PC ROM version of "Final Fantasy 1" for NES. Acronyms.

Someone throw me something... a bone. Make me feel better. It's a big desert I'm walking thru sometimes. The desert could be called "life" but it's the experience of a single person. Or, in this case, the Composite Character Created (CCC) by a bright young team of 25-35'rs at Woundup Corp. If they are so fucking bright, why can't they make the composite character a little happier?

"Well, we're looking for a more rounded character, and that... of course, includes the pains of living."

Fucking MFA grads. This isn't supposed to be naturalism. Write something pleasant.

"I have no problems with naturalism. I think we take a more tempered realism, not necessarily with the social conscience..."

WRITE A HAPPY CHARACTER.

"That's not going to win us any awards now, is it?"

YOU'RE NOT GOING TO WIN ANY FUCKING AWARDS. YOU'RE ALL TERRIBLE WRITERS. YOU SHOULD ALL BE FIRED.

"I'm not going to fight with you here. We can talk about this later."

This is what I'm up against. They're probably having a... yes, they just went in the meeting room and... they've closed the door. Fine. That's the content team. Looks like it's sushi again and "Gilmore Girls" _ we're pulling a late one on deadline, folks. Don't worry about me, tho. I've got a six pack in the bottom drawer of my desk.

No comments: