Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I Forgot My Mantra


The Cubs just lost in extra innings. I've already said it to Erika, but I've been wary to post it here... until now (naturally). I believe the Cubs will have a winning record in the second half of the season... even if it means one game over the second-half .500 mark. There.

With the thought of playoffs extinguished, I can concentrate fully, objectively, even compassionately on the team's day-to-day efforts _ root where I must root and shrug where I must shrug. It's strictly support for a well-played-game and nothing else.

The Chicago cognoscenti in the black hats must be clawing their skin off. But I've accepted the great neutral hum of Cubs '06. No Choke, No Heartburn. Or... How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the 3-Run Bomb Given Up By Glendon Rusch.

No comments: