Friday, July 28, 2006

Time to Wield the Blade

I hate it when the legal department gets hold of this thing. They're required to post once a month. Sorry, folks, it's the law.

August is almost here and that means fantasy football. And that means I will make my annual trip to the ground floor commissary to buy a fantasy football guide. They run $7-8 a copy and are generally useless by the second week of August, save the long list of player names. They publish these things in April, months before players get traded or break their legs in the preseason.

So, why do I get one every year? Promise. The promise of a new season. The promise of humiliating my friends, albeit electronically. And when I throw it away in early September, I think, "What a waste of money. But, I'll see you again next year, old friend." Ante up! I'm buying at 5 p.m. sharp, baby!

No comments: