Saturday, November 19, 2005

Peeping Ron

I like living in the Ukrainian Village. It invites the passerby to peek into its collective windows at night. Take a stroll through the Village after dark, and you're sure to spot some interesting living rooms. Why not stand on the sidewalk and peer in for a few minutes? I do it all the time.

When I'm feeling lazy _ which is often _ I just look out our front windows. There's at least one apartment lit up across the street with the drapes open. It's a second floor flat and appears to have the same avocado green paint scheme and lighting as our last apartment on Noble Street. It even has a plant in the window _ just like our old place. I keep thinking I'm going to look over there one night and catch myself staring back _ me, but from last year. I look closer.

(cue psychedelic guitar)

Damn. The Mach 3 Turbo is not the close shave it advertised itself as. Should I go back to electric?

No comments: