Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Young Man's Blues Inc.

Whew. It's been a rough week for ol' Mark's sense of self-purpose. I need to dial the Conni Confidence hotline...

Conni: Hello? Conni Confidence here.

Mark: Hello. My name is Mark and I need help.

C: What's the problem?

M: I feel like I'm spinning my wheels. I'm not living up to my potential. I'm in a rut. I can't see the forest for the trees.

C: I think you've got a bigger problem.

M: What's that?

C: Exhibitionism. You have an unhealthy desire for validation in the public eye. It leads you to write cutesy posts on your WeBLoG airing your personal feelings. Much like this one.

M: This is a blog post?

C: It certainly is.

M: Then we're both...

C: Fictional constructs.

(Pause.)

M: Do I still get charged for this call?

C: No, but we'd appreciate a donation of--(Mark hangs up.)

No comments: