Friday, February 10, 2006

I Have Earned the Right to Be a Lazy Slob

Two hours left. Sometimes Fridays are a fight to the bloody end at the ol' cracker factory. But I feel I will prevail today using a combination of guile, misdirection and cunning w/a little elbow grease mixed in.

Erika and I have a full plate of family related events tomorrow _ the highlight is a meeting of three generations at our favorite Italian hideaway. If you're nice, I might tell you its name.

Does anyone else miss Mike "Murph" Murphy in the 6-10 slot on WSCR? Man, I could listen to Murph all night. If this was last year _ Feb. 2005 _ that would be the plan for Friday evening: a couple brews and four hours of Murph-filled, mirthful radio, falling in-and-out of sleep on the couch.

But how to fill the void now... Read a book? I think we both know the answer to that one.

No comments: