Monday, October 03, 2005

Falling From the Tree

I have a strange family. I don't see them that much, so I usually live under the illusion that they are "normal." I hate that word, but it's the only one that conveys what I'm trying to get at.

I love my family, but I don't understand them _ specifically my mother. I imagine we're all in this same boat. The Family is the no. 1 source of material for playwrights, so that isn't all bad...

I think I'm taking it all too seriously, but I can't help feeling something. It brings out contours from the map of my life _ the moments of failure, weakness, irresponsibility _ and makes them seem the dominant tone of the whole thing. I don't know. We have hope for change. It takes personal action. I just don't like people telling me when/how I should take that action.

That feels better. There is your emotional content for today.

No comments: