Monday, May 05, 2008

Invisible pathways

I was just thinking about Internet use on the job. We'll not go into it in too much detail, for obvious reasons, but recently I was reminded of a co-worker at my old job, 20 years my senior, who only ever looked at two sites at work: Classmates.com and the Chicago police site that shows pics of guys busted for soliciting prostitutes. I never asked him about either, as much as I wanted to -- particularly about the latter.

There should be an award for Most Unrelated Roster of Daily Visited Web Sites. Personally, I feel off if I don't begin each work morning with mississippiriverlevels.com, todayinzoroastrianhistory.com, makeyourownvodka.net, moonlightingtrivia.com and slate.com.

Wait, scratch that last one. It should be soviethelicoptersale.com. Lately there've been some great deals.

No comments: