Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Night Shift Forever

There's been a lot of hand-wringing in here about real-world problems, but I remember a time when Woundup was primarily, yes, a frivilous form of entertainment. You never knew when a bit of humorous dialogue would break out...

Phil: Did you see this? Ramirez got... $36 million...
Tom: No.
Phil: Says right here.
Tom: Huh.
(pause)
Phil: That's a lot of money.

When a bit of humorous dialogue would break out...

Phil: Did you see this? Ramirez got... $36 million...
Tom: That's a lot of money.
Phil: That's what I was going to say.
(Pause)
Phil: Huh.

Humorous dialogue would break out...

Phil: Did you see this? Ramirez--
Tom: Got $36 million.
Phil: I was just--
Tom: You were just going to say that.
(Pause)
Phil: H--
Tom: Huh.
(Pause)
Tom: You know, Phil, we've been working together four years now. You never once asked me how was my weekend.
(Pause)
Phil: How was--
Tom: I had to work over the weekend.
(Pause)
Phil: Well... how was it?
(Pause)
Tom: I ordered a pizza.
Phil: You... you had a pizza delivered here?
Tom: Yeah. I do it all the time.
(Pause)
Phil: Where do you--
Tom: Pete's. It's on Livernois.
Phil: Huh.
(Pause)
Phil: What did you get on it?
Tom: Cheese... just cheese...
(Pause)
Phil: Do you want to order a pizza now?
Tom: I just ate dinner.
(Pause)
Phil: Do you mind if I order a pizza?
Tom: No... if you really want to.
Phil: What do you mean?
Tom: You're gonna have a lot of leftovers. What're you gonna do with all that pizza?
Phil: I'll save it.
Tom: We don't have any... aluminum foil... nothing.
Phil: I'll wrap it in a paper towel.
Tom: The grease will leak thru it.
(Pause)
Phil: I'll order a small.
Tom: Pete's doesn't make a small. Just medium and large.
(Pause)
Phil: How many pieces in a medium.
Tom: I don't know.
(Pause)
Phil: I'm going to order one.
Tom: Go ahead.
Phil: Do you have the number?
Tom: No.
Phil: How do you order the pizzas?
Tom: Larry knows it.
Phil: Larry?
Tom: Yeah.
(Pause)
Tom: Larry's off tonight.
Phil: Jesus...
Tom: Don't get angry.
Phil: I'm not angry.
(Pause)
Phil: Y'know... y'know, Tom... all this time we worked together... you never asked me how my weekend was.
(Pause)
Phil: You never--
Tom: How was your weekend?
Phil: It was all right.
(Pause)
Phil: Do you wanna read about Ramirez?
Tom: I already looked at it.
(Pause)
Phil: $36 million...
(Pause)
Phil: I'm hungry.

No comments: