Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The Terrible, Blinding Dawn

I survived. I survived Monday. I also survived Christmas, but that was enjoyable. We saw my parents, Erika's father's and mother's sides. Food, wine, laughter... I like it more every year. Her family(ies) treat me very well, in spite of my strange appearance and behavior.

I missed being with my two brothers for the holidays. I wish I could be more of a part of their lives. But somewhere, I know, they were hoisting a Molson Canadian for me.

Man, this WeBLoG is flopping around in the water looking for some direction. Looks like I'm waiting till the New Year to refocus. I hate that: People who give up on life sometime in early December and wait till the New Year for the promise of inspiration. Yes, I am one of these people _ at least on a couple fronts. It's the procrastinator's national holiday, New Year's. Or maybe it's not. Maybe this week is the procrastinator's national holiday. New Year's is the terrible, blinding dawn.

No comments: